We started the year cruising southern Chile in a ship we had boarded in Rio
and gone as far south as Antarctica, before returning to Valparaiso via Cape
Horn. Nice way to start 2005.
We returned to the Gold Coast in mid January and got back to our normal routine
of golf, bridge, oil painting, watching rugby on the TV, socialising, fishing
and the occasional film or cultural event.
Except for 2 short trips to New Zealand in March and again in April with another
one coming up in November the trip to Chile and the cruise was the major travelling
event of the year. For next year’s travel plans see “Our Plans”.
This year’s other major events for us, include:
– Meeting 2 lovely couples on the cruise ship. One of whom we are going to
stay with in Chicago next year.
– Our 40th wedding anniversary in April.
– Stays by various out of town friends and family.
– An art exhibition by Lia and her art class in August.
– Our son Brett and his partner Helen moving from Sydney to London to work
– Our daughter, Tania getting a childrens’ play accepted for publishing in
– Refurbishment of both of our bathrooms. This enables us to do exactly the
same activities in the bathroom but in nicer surroundings. We hope the 2nd bathroom
will be completed by Christmas.